Dotball respects Your privacy and assures You that any information provided by You to Dotball is protected and will be dealt with according to this policy and the applicable laws. To avail the services offered on the Platforms, You may have to provide certain information to Us. This policy provides the procedure followed by Dotball to gather, use, store, disclose and manage Users’ personal data. Dotball only collects personal data for the purpose of verifying User accounts, maintaining the accounts of the Users, completing transactions of the Users and for analysing User behaviour and requirements.
What is included in personal data?
User's personal data includes the following types of personal data or information:
- Sensitive Personal Data: such as account password and financial information such as bank account, credit card, debit card or other payment instrument details.
- Other Personal Information: such as name, date of birth, telephone number, postal/contact address, PAN number, IP address of Your computer, browser type and language, date and the time during which You accessed the Platforms, Your photograph for testimonials and other promotions and such other information that is defined as sensitive personal data or information in law.
- (a) All Users of Dotball consent to the use of Sensitive Personal Data and Other Personal Information for the purpose stated in this policy. We restrict access of personal information to Our employees, contractors and agents and only allow access to those who need to know that information in order to process it on Our behalf.
- (b) Users are entitled to withdraw consent for use of Their Sensitive Personal Data or Other Personal Information by emailing a specific request. Withdrawal of consent of all or any part of Sensitive Personal Data and Other Personal Information may result in immediate withdrawal of any right to avail the services provided by Dotball. Withdrawal of consent shall not restrict the right of Dotball to use Other Personal Information for analysis of User data, subject to the condition that the Other Personal Information used in any analysis is not personally identifiable to any individual User.
- (c) Photographs once provided by You for marketing purposes gives Dotball irrevocable and unlimited rights to use the same and it is completely Dotball's discretion to delete or not use it any further.
- (d) Dotball may also use software applications for platform traffic analysis and to gather statistics, used for advertising and for determining the efficacy and popularity of Dotball among others.
A cookie is a small text file that uniquely identifies Your browser.You understand that when You visit the Platforms, cookies may be left in Your devices. The cookies assigned by the servers of Dotball may be used to personalize Your experience on the Platforms. Additionally, cookies may also be used for authentication, game management, data analysis and security purposes. The advertisers of Dotball may also assign cookies when You click on any of the advertisements, which may be displayed on the Platforms in which case such cookies are controlled by these advertisers and not Dotball.
Consent to communication:
When You register with Dotball and provide your mobile number, email and social media handle (“Communication Channels”) details, You agree to receive communications from Dotball, entities specifically authorized by Dotball and other Users through such Communication Channels. You also agree and acknowledge that when You use Our referral program for referring someone, Dotball will send communications to such person referred by You on Your behalf and the email headers will carry Your email address as the address from which such emails are sent.
- (a) We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of Our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where We store personal data. Dotball has a comprehensive information security program and information security policies, which contain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures adopted by Dotball for the protection of Sensitive Personal Data and Other Personal Information.
- (b) Information gathered by Dotball is stored securely using several information security applications including firewalls. However, security is always relative and Dotball cannot guarantee that its security measures are absolute and cannot be breached. Data, which is transmitted over the Internet, is inherently exposed to security risks or threats. For instance, information transmitted via chat or email can be compromised and used by others. Therefore, Dotball cannot guarantee any security for such information in the course of transmission through the internet infrastructure or any unsolicited disclosures made by any User availing the services of the Platforms.
- (c) When You register with Dotball, Your Account is protected by means of login information, which includes a username and a password that is known only to You. Therefore, You should not provide Your personal information to anyone whosoever and breach hereof constitutes violation of this Policy and can also result in closure of account in certain cases. If You become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including compromise of Your login information, it is Your responsibility to immediately notify Dotball.
- (e) Dotball has a policy of not sharing any personally identifiable information with anyone other than entities specifically authorized by Dotball, which may include advertisers and sponsors of Dotball. However, Dotball may use Your name, photo, login ID and the state from where You are participating when announcing the results of any Contests run on the Platforms. Such Contests are further governed by terms and conditions which shall be available on the Platforms as and when such a contest is run on the Platforms. Dotball conducts periodic analysis and survey of the traffic to the Platforms for market research and advertising purposes. Dotball reserves the right to share Your registration information with Dotball appointed market research and advertising companies or firms from time to time for the said purposes. Dotball may also use cumulative non-personal information for auditing and analysis purposes with the aim of improving its services.
Dotball may share Sensitive Personal Data and Other Personal Information if sharing of such information is necessary:
- (a) to comply with legal processes or governmental request;
- (c) for prevention of fraud, money-laundering or any other illegal act;
- (d) for issues involving information security, or
- (e) to protect Your rights, rights of Dotball and rights of the general public.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal information may be retained and may continue to be used until: (i) the relevant purposes for the use of Your information described in this policy are no longer applicable; and (ii) We are no longer required by applicable law, regulations, contractual obligations or legitimate business purposes to retain Your personal information and the retention of Your personal information is not required for the establishment, exercise or defense of any legal claim.
Limitation of Liability
Dotball confirms that this policy is only a description of its operation regarding User information. This policy is not intended to and does not create any legal rights in Your favour or in the favour of any other person. Dotball reserves the right to change this policy at any time without giving You prior notice. The liability of Dotball shall be limited to removal of Sensitive Personal Data from the system of the Platforms and removal of personally identifiable elements of the Other Personal Information.
Any questions or clarifications with respect to this policy or any complaints, comments, concerns or feedback can be mailed to email@example.com.
DOTBALL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT’S PLATFORMS, IT’S SERVERS, OR EMAILS SENT BY IT OR ON IT’S BEHALF ARE VIRUS FREE. DOTBALL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF ITS PLATFORMS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL DOTBALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER IN AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF AN AMOUNT OF INR 100.